Baby Skin Rash is a common problem but is usually harmless. Many parents are of the opinion that their baby is free of rashes, but it is not the truth, but carelessness. Babies are to be handled with care. The parents need to take very good care of their babies in order to avoid skin rashes.
Most of the baby’s skin rash requires no or just little treatment. However, proper medical care should be provided. Babies are to be taken care of very well in order to avoid infections or skin disorders like Diaper rash, cradle cap, and other rashes that affect the baby’s skin.
1. oatmeal paste (baby skin rash)
- blend half cup uncooked oats & half cup lukewarm water to a thick paste.
- use a blender or food processor for best results.
- apply the paste to the rash & let it sit on the skin for at least 15 minutes.
- oats contain the chemical Ayenanthramide that reduces swelling, redness & soothes itchy skin.
- oats are also well-known for holding in moisture, so the water in the paste will keep.
2. Aloe vera (baby skin rash)
- cut one leaf of aloe vera, slice in half & remove the gel with a spoon or you can buy aloe vera gel.
- rub the gel on the skin for instant relief from itch & rash.
- freeze the gel in ice cube trays to use whenever you need it.
- aloe vera gel contains anti-inflammatory properties which reduce swelling & redness
- the glycerin in aloe protects the skin’s epithelial layer by retaining moisture.
3. Apple cider vinegar
- dilute 1 part apple cider vinegar to 1 part water, soak cotton balls in solution & apply to the rash.
- buy apple cider vinegar with the mother, cloud-like sediment at the bottom of the bottle that contains raw enzymes.
- apple cider vinegar contains antiseptic, antifungal & antibacterial agents which help to reduce rash caused by infection.
- the acetic acid in apple cider vinegar also helps to fight infection.
4. Basil & Tulsi leaves
- crush 2 or 3 fresh leaves & rub gently on the rash.
- basil or holy basil (Tulsi) leaves contain eugenol and thymol essential oils that decrease pain & swelling
- basil & Tulsi leaves are very effective against rashes caused by insects.
5. banana peels (baby skin rash)
- rub the inside of a banana peel on skin twice daily until the rash goes away
- very effective against rash caused by poison ivy allergy or insect bites.
6. Baking soda
- mix 1 part baking soda with 3 parts water to make a loose paste
- apply the solution to the skin with a washcloth or cotton & let it sit for 5 minutes, then rinse off
- baking soda has mild antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties that calm redness & itching.
7. Shea butter (baby skin rash)
- rub dime-sized amount of shea butter onto rash
- the Cinnamic acid in shea butter is a powerful anti-inflammatory agent that calms skin irritation
- shea butter also contains vitamins & fatty acid that nourish the skin, restoring it to health
8. Olive oil (baby skin rash)
- naturally rashes are caused due to dry skin.
- when olive oil is used it helps to moisturize the skin and repair the rash.
- apply olive oil on the affected area and giving a light massage will help the oil to penetrate into the skin and heal the rash from inside.
- take cinnamon powder and lemon juice
- in equal quantities and then apply it over the skin rashes area
- and let this sit there for about 10 to 15 minutes and then wash off with lukewarm water
10. Almond leaves
- make a paste with almond leaves and then apply this paste on the affected area of the skin to get rid of skin rashes.
11. Poppy seeds (baby skin rash)
- crush a tablespoon of poppy seeds and mix with a teaspoon of lemon juice and water and then apply this solution on the skin rashes area to treat and heal the skin rashes naturally.
12. Lime juice
- soak a cotton swab in lemon juice and apply it on the affected area and then let this remain there for about 10 minutes and then wash off with lukewarm water
13. Papaya juice (baby skin rash)
- apply fresh papaya juice on the affected area and leave for about 10 minutes and then wash off with water
14. Garlic & vinegar
- crush 2 garlic cloves and then mix with a tablespoon of white vinegar and then apply this mixture to the skin rashes area and let this stay there for 10 to 15 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water