baby hives treatment
Hives rash Are Also Known As Urticaria. Hives Are Raised, Red And Itchy Welts That Are Of Different Sizes And Appear And Then Disappear From The Skin. Angioedema Is A Condition That Is A Swelling That Begins Deep In Your Skin And Normally Appears Near Your Lips And Eyes.
In The Vast Majority Of Cases, Angioedema And Hives Are Harmless And Do Not Leave Lasting Marks On Your Skin. This Is True Even Without Treatment. The Most Common Treatment For Angioedema And Hives Is Antihistamine Medications.
Causes of Hives rash in babies
Many Substances Can Trigger Hives:
• Foods Such As Shellfish, Fish, Nuts, Peanuts Eggs, Milk, Wheat Soy And Others, Getting Rid Of Hives
• Pollen, Mold,
• Pet Fur
• Animal Dander (Especially Cats)
• Insect Bites
Signs And Symptoms Of Hives
Signs And Symptoms Of Hives Include Raised White Or Red Welts Or Swellings Of Different Sizes, A Single Welt Or A Group That Covers Big Portions Of Skin, These Are Hives On The Leg. Welts That Are Resolved While New Welts Erupt,
A Burning Or A Stinging In The Area With The Hives, And Itching Which May Be Severe. Hives Can Be Either Chronic Or Acute. Acute Hives Can Last Anywhere From A Day To Six Weeks. However,
Chronic Hives Will Last For Over Six Weeks. Sometimes They Will Occur For Months Or Years At One Time. Mild Hives And Angioedema Are Not Life-Threatening. Normally These Cases Can Be Treated At Home.
However, If The Hives Do Not Respond To Treatment Or Your Symptoms Continue For More Than Just A Few Days, You Should See Your Doctor. Additionally, If You Are Feeling That Your Throat Is Swelling, You Have Trouble Breathing, Or You Feel Lightheaded, You Should Seek Emergency Care.
Complications of Hives Rashes
In General, Hives Rashes Will Cause Discomfort And Itching. Yet In Rarer Cases, It Can Cause More Serious Complications, Such As Trouble Breathing, A These Are Hives Rash. Loss Of Consciousness,
And Anaphylactic Shock. Anaphylactic Shock Is A Serious Allergic Reaction That Involves Your Lungs And Heart. When This Occurs, Your Bronchial Tubes Will Become More Narrow And You Will Find It Challenging Just To Breathe.
Meanwhile, Your Blood Pressure Will Drop And You Will Feel Dizzy. You May Lose Consciousness Or Even Die. Anaphylactic Shock Will Occur Fast, And It Requires That You Get Medical Care Immediately.
Baby Hives treatment
If You Have Mild Symptoms Of A Hives Rash, You May Not Need Treatment. However, The Typical Treatment For Hives And Angioedema Is Antihistamines, As These Will Block The Body’s Release Of Histamine. Some Of The Nonprescription Medications Are:
- Chlorpheniramine (Chlor-Trimeton)
- Cetirizine (Zyrtec)
- Diphenhydramine (Benadryl)
- Loratadine (Claritin, Alavert)
Keep In Mind That Some Antihistamines, Such As Chlorpheniramine And Diphenhydramine Can Cause Drowsiness. Drowsiness Is Not Usually Caused By Loratadine.
There Are Also Some Prescription Medications That Are Used To Treat Hives. They include:
- Fexofenadine (Allegra)
- Hydroxyzine (Vistaril)
- Desloratadine (Clarinex)
- Levocetirizine (Xyzal)
In Cases Of Severe Angioedema And Hives, The Physician May Prescribe Prednisone, An Oral Corticosteroid Drug, Which Can Help Reduce The Itching, Swelling, And Redness That Is Associated With Hives Rashes.
There Are Also Some Home Remedies You Should Try To Help Relieve Your Symptoms Of Hives Rashes.
- Using Over The Counter Antihistamines. This Is A Nonprescription Oral Antihistamine That Can Help Relieve The Itching You Are Feeling.
- Use Cool And Wet Compresses To Soothe The Skin And Keep You From Scratching.
- Take A Cool Bath To Relieve Your Itching. You Can Add Baking Soda, Finely Ground Oatmeal, Or Uncooked Oatmeal To Your Bath Water.
- Try To Figure Out The Substances That Are Causing Your Skin To Become Irritated And Avoid Those Substances So That You Can Avoid The Allergic Reaction. These Triggers May Include Pollen, Pet Dander, Certain Foods, Medications, Insect Stings, And Latex.
- Wear Clothing That Is Loose And Smooth In Texture. Avoid Clothing That Is Tight, Scratchy, Rough, Made From Wool, Or Made From Unnatural Fabrics. Cotton Is Usually The Best Choice Fabric, And Make Sure You Wear Clothing Loosely.
Baby Hives Treatment allergic reaction
- Babies can develop hives through environmental allergens such as nettles, chemicals, plants, and also animals such as dogs and cats.
- Foods such as eggs, nuts, strawberries, seafood, and many more, can also lead to an allergic reaction which causes hives. Allergic reaction to cow’s milk is also common for infants that are younger than six months old.
- Antibiotics and non0steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen.
- Insect bites such as bees and red ants can as well as cause hives rash due to an allergic reaction.
- Other than causing heat rashes, too much heat on babies might as well as cause hives. This usually happens after your baby has activity or during hot weather.
Although hives may disappear on their own after a few hours or sometimes days, it is still highly recommended to have your baby checked to your family pediatrician regarding this matter. Worse hives may need your baby to take an antihistamine or sometimes corticosteroid tablets.
You can as well as do home treatments for first aid such as:
- Let your baby wear breathable clothes such as natural fibers, such as cotton, to reduce any skin irritation.
- Make sure that your baby has short nails in order to prevent damage when your baby tries to scratch the hives.
- You can apply some calamine lotion on your baby’s hives to soothe the itchy feeling.
When To Contact A Medical Professional
• Tightness In Your Throat
• Shortness Of Breath
• Tongue Or Face Swelling