Baby diaper rash Treatment?
baby diaper rash it’s pretty common for a baby.it is actually a skin problem, that develops in an area beneath the bay infant diaper a diaper rash is very common between babies.
Why does diaper rash
diaper rash is mainly concerned with staying wet longer, not changing the diaper frequently, having diarrhea, and using plastic pants to cover the diaper.
in addition, the inclusion of solid food in the child’s diet, giving antibiotics to the baby, and eating certain foods by a breastfeeding woman can start the problem of diaper rash.
Baby Diaper rash Types
baby diaper rash can be of various types. some of the commonly occurring reshes are given below:
- contact diaper rash: these are caused by keeping the baby in wet diapers for a long time. generally such rash is not serious.
- yeast rash: this rash often appears on the skin folds.
- allergies: allergies can also cause baby diaper rash.
- rashes due to acidity: if your child’s stool is acidic rash may also occur.
Also, read Baby Heat Rash Treatment & home remedies
Symptoms of Baby Diaper Rash
diaper rash shows the following symptoms in the baby’s skin:
- skin signs. the skin of your baby’s hips, thighs, and genitals appear red and puffy in a diaper rash. in such a situation, the baby’s skin gets irritation and pain.
- changes like the child. during this problem, you will see that your child is feeling uncomfortable, and especially when changing the diaper, he gets more trouble. the baby starts crying with pain while touching or washing the diaper skin. a diaper rash can occur anytime your child is wearing a diaper. but this problem can usually occur up to 15 months after birth, especially in children between 9 and 12 months of age. baby diaper rash is common.
What causes baby Diaper rash
there are several reasons for baby diaper rash,
- Skin irritation from feces or urine: stool or urine in the diaper can cause many problems in the sensitive skin of the child due to prolonged stay. if your child has frequent stools, the chances of the baby getting diaper rash are increased, as feces can damage the skin of children sooner than urine.
- changes in eating habits: by taking solid food of the baby, his stool changes, which increases the chances of baby diaper rash. apart from this, a change in the baby’s food causes him to get a frequent stool and this change can also result in baby diaper rash. the feeding habits of the breastfeeding mother may also cause a diaper rash.
- irritation from new products: changes in the brand of diapers, disposable wipes that wipe the hip area, soaps, and detergents that wash baby clothes are also likely to cause diaper rash. apart from this, changes in baby lotion, baby powder, and baby oil can also cause diaper rash.
- bacterial and yeast infections: diaper rash can begin as a simple skin infection and spread to other areas. because the diaper-covered part (hip, thigh, and genitalia) is moist and warm, it increases the chances of bacterial infection and yeast infection. rashes appear like red dots in skin folds.
- antibiotic use: antibiotics kill bacteria, but there are some disadvantages to their benefits. when children take antibiotics, it also destroys yeast-controlling bacteria, which can cause a baby’s diaper rash from a yeast infection. breastfeeding women may also be affected by taking antibiotics.
- rubbing and crusting on the skin: tight-fitting diapers and cloth rubbing can cause a skin rash.
- sensitive skin: the chances of a diaper rash are increased when the baby’s skin has conditions such as dermatitis and eczema. however, both atopic dermatitis and eczema troubles mainly affect the skin of other parts of the body besides the diaper skin.
How can I prevent diaper rash?
- modify the diaper periodically: replace the dirty diaper of children immediately. if you have hired someone to take care of the child, he or she asks you to change your baby’s dirty diaper regularly.
- after changing the diaper clean the children’s hips and anus area thoroughly: after changing the dirty diaper, clean the baby’s hips and anus area with water. for this, you can also use very clean clothes in water. do not use the wipes found in the market to clean the hips, as they contain many chemical mills.
- use a clean towel to dry the baby: do not rub the bottom of the baby, rubbing may irritate the baby’s skin,
- do not wear baby tight diapers: due to excessively tight diaper, the skin of the lower part of the baby does not get air and in such a situation diaper rash can occur due to the moisture retention. the tight diaper also increases the chances of rubbing on the waist and thigh skin.
- do not wear a baby diaper all the time: diaper is not worn to the child at all times if possible. by being open, the lower part of your baby is naturally moisture-free. when the child is not wearing a diaper, then you can place a big torso under it.
- wash diapers made of cloth carefully: soak dirty diapers made of cloth for some time and keep them in hot water. if you should wash their diaper frequently.
- use ointment regularly: if your child often experiences diaper rash, you should use the ointment every time you change the diaper to reduce their chances. many ointments are made with petroleum jelly and zinc oxide and this removes many skin problems.
- wash hands after changing diapers: washing hands after changing dirty diapers reduces the chances of bacteria and mastication in your baby’s skin. also, due to clean hands, other children of the house are not at risk of infection.
- take a size large diaper: in case of diaper rash, take a larger diaper than the normal size.
Baby Diaper Rash Treatment
the best way to treat baby diaper rash is to keep your baby’s skin clean and dry. if the problem of diaper rash persists even after home remedies, your doctor may advise you to take the following remedies.
- if the child has a fungal infection, your doctor recommends applying antifungal cream.
- if the child has a bacterial infection, the doctor may give the child to eat herbalists.
- take ointment containing eggs to be applied to the baby’s skin by asking the pediatrician or dermatologist. some eggs with acute effects can cause other skin problems.
- zinc oxide is considered the main element in the diaper rash ointment. to reduce the effects of rash on your baby’s skin, you should put a thick layer of ointment after a short period of the day.
- the ointment and cream reduce skin irritation compared to lotion and liquid medicine, but the ointment rot by letting air reach the skin. your doctor according to the problem of the child can suggest ointment or cream. camphor, phenol, benzocaine, and salicylates are not found on the skin of children, all of which are harmful to the child.
When to go to the Doctor
in some cases of diaper rash, it is necessary to contact a doctor, if your baby sees the following symptoms, go to the doctor without delay.
- if the diaper rash is not cured within 2-3 days and continues to worsen.
- if these rashes also occur on the stomach, back, hands, and face of the child.
- on appearing pus, blisters, ulcers, large wounds, or pus-filled wounds.
- if your baby also has a fever.
- if your baby within 6 weeks of birth
Baby Diaper Rash Treatment Home Remedies
know here some home remedies to easily cure baby diaper rash.
- coconut oil: you can apply coconut oil after cleaning the place with diaper rashes with lukewarm water and wipe it gently with a soft towel. coconut oil has antibacterial and antifungal properties, due to which it can help to reduce their effect by affecting diaper rashes.
- breastmilk: breast milk is one of the easiest safest options for baby diaper Rash Treatment. as it is known by all that mother’s milk is breast for the baby and this can prevent the baby from many diseases. breastmilk has many vitamins, such as a, e, d, k, and b complex. vitamin-e is very effective. it provides softness to the skin. research has shown that the protein, calcium, and vitamin b12 present in milk play an important role in the prevention of complications such as dry skin and eczema. in this case, this ability of breast milk can also be used to cure baby diaper rashes. simply apply a few drops of breast milk to the affected area of your baby.
- witch hazel: you can also use diaper rash cream containing witch hazel (a plant with medicinal properties) for your baby’s diaper rash. it has anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, and antibacterial properties, which can be effective on diaper rash Treatment.
- neem: you can also apply neem leaves powder or neem oil on diaper rashes. the anti-microbial and antiviral properties of neem can prevent infection and prevent rashes from growing.
- aloe vera: you can also apply aloe vera gel on baby diaper rashes. its effect is cold, due to which it can give relief from irritation caused by rashes.
Also, Read 22 effective home remedies for diaper rash
Baby Diaper Rash Treatment Tips
- wash hands thoroughly before and after changing the baby diaper.
- check the diaper every few minutes and if the diaper is wet, change it immediately.
- do not use wipes that use alcohol or artificial fragrances.
- do not wear a baby tight diaper.
- if you are using a cloth nappy for the baby, make sure that you clean and wash it thoroughly, so that it removes soap or detergent properly.
- while wearing diapers to the child, keep in mind that the baby’s diaper area is completely dry.
- if possible allow the baby to remain without a diaper for a while so that the diaper area gets natural air.